Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

Penfold
Crikey DM
Crikey DM

Lifting Plan for minor lifts

Post by Penfold »

Hi all

I'm looking to see if anyone can share a lifting plan for minor lifts (those not involving cranes)?

We have things well managed when we use cranes (mobile & gantry etc.) with fully trained and competent staff who work with contractors to ensure everything is in place but want to try and manage similar way for smaller lifts involving hoists in other work areas e.g. workshops, laboratories etc. and during tree surgery work.

All staff in these areas are fully competent to do these tasks and plan the work but the forms they complete to do the tasks is the same one for crane lifts. The feedback we are getting form these competent staff is they could do with a different form to help plan these smaller lifts as for a lot of the form is N/A as its not using a large crane

Can anyone help and share any forms?

Thanks

Ian
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."
PaddyT
Snr Member
Snr Member
Industry Sector: Warehousing

Re: Lifting Plan for minor lifts

Post by PaddyT »

Hi Ian,

I don't have any forms that I could share but why not get a couple of the operators and sit down with them to modify the existing form.

Paddy
"The more you try to make something idiot proof, the more likely someone is to prove you wrong"
Penfold
Crikey DM
Crikey DM

Re: Lifting Plan for minor lifts

Post by Penfold »

Thanks Paddy

I have suggested they come up with a form they will be happy with but the teams don’t get on and at times I almost have to take their toys away and make them sit in quiet corner :D

Weird thing is if we come up with it they all agree but if one team comes up they all disagree. Sigh
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy