Lost Time Injury

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

mcatt78

Lost Time Injury

Post by mcatt78 »

Hi team,

I've a question with regards to what constitutes a LTI. I've read a number of definitions and still haven't got a conclusive answer. Can anyone aid please ??

A minor accident occurs on a Tuesday; other than confirmation that nothing is wrong via the doctors/ hospital the individual carries on with work as normal. 2 days later the individual is uncomfortable and goes for another check, no issues. On the following day (Friday) the individual says they didn't sleep because they still were in pain and decides not to come in - they wanted to rest. Later that day the individual comes in to do a RTW type of exercise and does a couple of hours lighter duties (but arguably within the realms of their duties) in the afternoon.

Is this a LTI and why ? Some people say no and some say yes?? There's literature that this would be fudging a LTI but others suggest the contrary.

Thoughts please.
ddlh
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi

Re: Lost Time Injury

Post by ddlh »

Think a bit more information required before we can help you properly

For example If this was a back injury the it is possible it is still having an affect. Did you do the incident investigation and a risk assessment on the person before allowing him to continue working?

Please supply more information
If you think safety is a pain, try a leg fracture.
Dodds
Jnr Member
Jnr Member

Re: Lost Time Injury

Post by Dodds »

It seems like the medical professionals have gave the all clear which would indicate that they should be able to work.

Maybe they're looking down the lines of a claim also so hence taking time off.

Would I class it as an LTI for my organisation, no.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy