Moderator: Moderators

Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

q-pulse

Post by Safety »

Hi all,

Anyone use this http://www.q-pulse.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have this system in place buts it's not utilised fully, there are some modules which I would like to use for document control, accident logging and auditing.

Anyone have any experience and what are your thoughts on this system?
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Re: q-pulse

Post by WillPool »

Safety

Havent used this one but it looks like a sharepoint based application.

I used similar called Q-Share in a different job and it was quite good, however it is only as good as the personnel trained to use it ;) I seemed to have lazy staff so I ended up chasing them all to use it.

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: CDM - Rail - Telecoms
Attainments: NGC, NCC, FCC, NDIP (H&S), SMSTS - GradIOSH.

Post by YoungNick »

I have just filled the form out for a demo as this really is the next step for us where I currently work - all our documentation, procedures and all safety and health related stuff are within a document folder on the severs edrive which isnt very efficient in terms of reviewing dates/ inspections/ maintenance and training - And these are just the nitty gritty things which we have to do. So a system is something that im sure would be very helpful for ourself and the management team.

Thanks Safety for this ./thumbsup..

Safety, Will - Are these types of programs in your opinion something that should be used within all businesses due to them pretty much having everything in one place as well as flagging up reminders, refresher, review dates as well as been a central location for all managers and alike to crack into to pull documents from and have easy access without having to go into filing cabinets, edrives to pull of investigation reports and RA and SOP for their areas?

Im having a little trouble buying the directors into something like this because of the £ unfortunately. [smilie=dweeba20.gif]
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

A big thank you to all the members here at HSfB.
WillPool
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: Construction/Civils/Telecomms

Post by WillPool »

Njl1992 wrote:
Safety, Will - Are these types of programs in your opinion something that should be used within all businesses due to them pretty much having everything in one place as well as flagging up reminders, refresher, review dates as well as been a central location for all managers and alike to crack into to pull documents from and have easy access without having to go into filing cabinets, edrives to pull of investigation reports and RA and SOP for their areas?
[smilie=dweeba20.gif]
That was the idea behind it with our company, as we were also in 4 different countries it centralised everything, but as I say getting everyone to use it is something else even if you get the money to purchase it ;)

Will .salut
It is better to be careful 100 times than to get killed once.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
Jack Kane
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
HSfB Site Grand Shidoshi
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hsfb
Industry Sector: Manufacturing Subsea XTs

Post by Jack Kane »

I agree with Will, these packages can often depend on the personnel using it. I saw it in action with one of our larger suppliers when I audited them. The audit was quite easy on the systems side as the HSE personnel were using Q-Pulse to its full potential.

It seems to be one of the market leaders for this type of package, but as with everything, do your homework and make sure it fits with your requirements and culture before committing to anything. Let their sales people work for their money and take your time before buying.

We may be looking for a similar package soon and that's the approach I will be taking. Q-Pulse will be on our list to explore further.

RoSPA Awards Ambassador and Mentor #RoSPAAwards #HSfB #Proud

There is no such thing as a "stupid" or "daft" health and safety question!
sedasta
Student
Student
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/stewiedeary
Industry Sector: Pipelines

Post by sedasta »

I came across Q-Pulse for the first time whilst I was on a supplier site visit on Monday. To be honest my first impressions aren't good; however that could have been down to the IT implementation or hardware, or indeed operator inexperience. Perhaps my opinion will change with more exposure in other companies, who knows?
"There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them." - Denis Waitley

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy