NVQ vs Diploma

Discuss all things health and safety.

Moderator: Moderators

YoungNick
HSfB Moderator
HSfB Moderator
Industry Sector: CDM - Rail - Telecoms
Attainments: NGC, NCC, FCC, NDIP (H&S), SMSTS - GradIOSH.

Re: NVQ vs Diploma

Post by YoungNick »

Lovely helpful replies from all our members here at HSfB and its nice to see you have moved swiftly forward into your next step and i wish you all the very best with the studying and just remember, HSfB will always be here whenever you need a little guidance on your studying ../.

I always try to be in the company off people who take interest in what i do/ or who just don't show negativity when talking about career, life and so on with them, I approached a senior colleague of mine within our health and safety department he said he had little respect for people with 'letters after their name' this is the kind of person i would stay WELL CLEAR of while doing my studying and thereafter ./thumbsup..
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

A big thank you to all the members here at HSfB.
A1safetysolutions

Re: NVQ vs Diploma

Post by A1safetysolutions »

I am sure that we all have different preferences when it comes to learning and the route that we are most comfortable with. Having just completed the NVQ 5 in Occupational Health & Safety Practice it is a path that I found that I was comfortable with.

The other consideration in terms of the debate between NVQ v Diploma is cost, you will find that the diploma route is a lot more expensive than that of the NVQ. Whatever path a person takes in the choice offered to them both have benefits attached to them and anyone that completes either will have a lot more options open to them in the field of Health & safety

:D :D :D :D

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy