Moderator: Moderators

Safety
Grand Shidoshi
Grand Shidoshi
Industry Sector: Food Manufacturing Industry

Re: Can you train

Post by Safety »

Beanie wrote:
PTLLS provides basic teaching theory and requires students to deliver a 15 minute "microteach" and observe cohorts doing the same. CTLLS includes deeper theory and requires lesson planning and preparation for at least 30 hours teaching! So even with PTLLS, I wouldn't consider myself to be a seasoned trainer. Even with CTLLS (and ATLS status), I should only deliver pre-prepared training from packs and shouldn't devise my own from a syllabus.
The microteach is now 30 minutes, I am on my 4 week of 11 in total.
The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts..............
Beanie
Industry Sector: Waste Management

Re: Can you train

Post by Beanie »

Thanks for your comments HCSafety.

I think some people are born to teach or train. They just have a natural, easy way of making the complex clear and the mundane enjoyable. That's very possibly you and the PTLLS might not teach you anything that you don't already know but it is a requirement for some jobs now. You're right about me under-selling myself and I'm told I don't give myself enough credit!

Safety, I like your avatar! I got off with a 15 minute microteach because I had to observe others in the group delivering theirs. I seem to remember it was 30 minutes if I didn't observe. Mine was the EDI syllabus 2010.

I'm hoping to do the CTLLS this year but will probably have to volunteer at the training centre to meet the 3 hr observed training requirement and 30 hrs practice. There was some funding for this a while ago and I hope there still is. Will let you know...

Good luck to HCSafety and Safety on your respective courses. Remember that you need level 4 to go on to CTLLS.

Best regards,

Paul.

Access Croner-i Navigate Safety-Lite here for free

HSfB Facebook Group Follow us on Twitter Find us on Facebook Find us on on LinkedIn

Terms of Use Privacy Policy